- All submissions must be photographs (accepted file types: JPEG, PNG or TIFF).
- Each set of images submitted to a category MUST be accompanied by a document with image captions (Microsoft Word or Google Pages).
- All entries must be received by midnight (GMT) on June 30, 2022.
- All entrants must pay a £10 entry fee for each category they enter (100% paid directly to ocean conservation organisation, SeaLegacy).
- Entrants who ONLY nominate a photographer in the FFF Award, and do not enter any other category, do not need to pay an entry fee. Nominations in the FFF Award are free.
- All submissions must have been created by the photographer entering.
- Entrants can enter as many categories as they wish.
- You can enter UP TO 10 images into each category, bar the Collective Award, into which you MUST enter 10.
- Post-processing of images is acceptable.
- Images that have already won 1st place (overall or category) in an established international award prior to April 1, 2022 should NOT be entered. This does not include Ocean Portfolio submissions, which can include award-winning images.
- Images that have placed 2nd or lower in an international competition CAN be entered.
- 50MB upload limit per image.
- Images should be free of watermarks.
- Manipulation of the natural world is NOT acceptable. All entrants confirm that all images were taken naturally, without interference with wildlife.
- Entrants into the Young Ocean Photographer of the Year must be 25 years of age or under on June 30, 2022. There are no age restrictions on all other categories.
- The following categories will be awarded:
- The Ocean Photographer of the Year (overall winner)
- The Ocean Conservation Photographer of the Year (Hope)
- The Ocean Conservation Photographer of the Year (Impact)
- The Ocean Adventure Photographer of the Year
- Ocean Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Ocean Fine Art Photographer of the Year
- The Human Connection Award: People and Planet Ocean
- The Ocean Portfolio Award
- The Young Ocean Photographer of the Year
- The Female Fifty Fathoms Award
- Submissions for Awards 2 to 10 will be welcomed. Award 1 will be chosen from submissions into the other nine categories.
- The Competition reserves the right to award images in a category they were not originally submitted in. This will happen at the discretion of the judges for images they feel are particularly suited to an alternative category.
If you have any queries relating to the Ocean Photography Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full Ocean Photographer of the Year Terms and Conditions, click here.
Beautiful ocean stories straight to your inbox.
Join our community.