The story behind this print, in the words of photographer Jade Hoksbergen: "At night in the Maldives, bright lights shine down into the water as fishermen seek out baitfish for the country’s sustainable pole and line tuna fishery. The light attracts plankton, which in turn attracts small fish. On occasion, they also bring in the largest fish in the ocean - whale sharks. While they were a nuisance to the fishermen in the past, a positive solution has been found by combining the two most important industries in the Maldives: tourism and fishing. While taking this photograph, I was enveloped in darkness. I felt dwarfed in the shark’s presence."
This image, taken in The Maldives, was won the Ocean Fine Art Photographer of the Year category at OPY2023.
- All prints are end-to-end carbon neutral.
- Prints created on C-Type matt-finish paper.
- Frames are made from FSC®-certified wood.
- All framed prints are finished with an elegant white window mount.
- Frame windows are made of edge-ground float glass with a UV filter of approx 45%, apart from the A1 size which is high quality 3mm clear acrylic to prevent damage during transit
- Frames are equipped with an acid-free insert and a sturdy rear panel.
- All framed orders arrive ready to hang.
- All orders shipped on courier services, guaranteeing quick and safe delivery.
- Delivery times vary depending on location.
- All prints produced with the permission of each photographer.
- Framed orders take approximately 10 days to create, prior to shipping.
- All orders typically take 3 days once out for delivery, based on a best endeavours basis.
- Have a question? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magazines & books: All orders shipped from the UK. Postage prices vary depending on shipping destination. EU customers may have to pay an additional customs charge. Most international deliveries take 1-3 weeks. Want to avoid shipping? Explore our Digital Ocean Hub subscription. Any orders fulfilled by a third party are subject to that party's shipping T&C's.